An Australian visitor visa allows its holder to visit Australia as a tourist, for business visitor purposes, or to visit family for 3, 6 or 12 months.
VISITOR VISA (SUBCLASS 600)
THIS VISA ALLOWS YOU TO
- Visit family or friends
- Be in Australia as a tourist or for a cruise
- Business visitor purpose (business visitor stream)
- You can study or train for up to 3 months in total on this tourist visitor visa Australia. But if your main reason for travelling to Australia is study, a student visa might be more appropriate.
- You can’t work
HOW LONG YOU CAN STAY
A tourist visitor visa Australia is a temporary visa.
Your visitor visa stay period dates are specified on the visa grant letter. The Australian department of Immigration determine the length of your visa on a case-by-case basis. Things that are taken into consideration by the Department of Immigration when determining your stay period include:
- How long you want to stay
- Why you want to stay in Australia
- Previous visa history
You might not be granted the length of stay you want.
The department of Immigration can grant this visa with one entry or multiple entries. If you are granted a tourist visitor visa Australia with multiple entries, you can leave and re-enter Australia on the visa while it is valid. Generally a stay period of 3 months is granted however a 12 months stay period is granted depending on the case, for example stay periods of up to 12 months can be granted for visiting family members.
- 15 – 27 days (tourism stream)
- 8 – 14 days (business visitor stream)
- 40 – 59 days (sponsored family stream)